Monday, March 30, 2009

66,000 Plays In a Week......

Alright so I just heard this track by Crooked I that dropped last Monday titled “If You Ever Hear Me”. I normally don’t mess with Crook, but wow was I noobin sleeping on this one.  Sense the full CDQ version released on HipHopDX last Monday, it’s had over 66,000 plays on just that site alone.  Now, that’s an impressive stat for any track but for a grimy/hard ass/I gotta actually like rap to appreciate technical flow like this, that shits crazy.  I could see a Kanye or Wayne club bangger getting this much hype but never for a hip-hop track like this…

Crook go progressively harder with each new verse and he had me feelin like he was comin right atcha boy on that final verse hah. IMO the tracks classic but I’m undecided if this was a fluke or not. I gotta do some more listening …

Check that DX link above and see just how hype people been gettin on it. I also suggest checkin those lyrics while you’re listening: 

Verse 1 

I started off in this game, heart full of high hopes 
Young and naive, No boat full of fly quotes 
Critically acclaimed, they say crooked I’s dope 
Doper than white coke, walking a tight rope 
Trying not to fall, this industry you see it has traps 
Record executives rape you with those paper contracts 
Got my first deal and they pulled out my arteries 
Shot me in the heart I mean they killed the best part of me 
Ask me to be a gimmick shitting on my artistry 
Aint nobody hard as me! Fuck being RnB! 
Told you crooked go hard, told you it’s a G thang, 
Told you fuck that auto-tune shit unless its t-pain! 
I like lil wayne, cos he’s lil wayne 
I like the game cos he’s game and we aint the same 
You need a little variety on your spice rack 
AnR’s want me to change so I don’t like RAP! 
Ask me for ringtone song homey I might snap! 
And treat my automatic weapon to life snack! 
A lot of rappers let it slide but I fight back 
Cos 99% of hip hop is quite wack! 
So you can hate me or get back on the right track 
Either way I don’t give a fuck! and its like that 
Yeah its like that, used to be a nice cat 
Last year I was sick of this music now im twice that! 

Verse 2 

You like rappers in shoot-outs I really been through em 
I swear to god I could have did the 50 cent to em! 
A little guidance from Dre, let Jimmy mentor em! 
Instead my enemies witnesse
d my semi spit for em 
I could h…(Read More)
ave did the Snoop, im from the beach homey 
I could have did the Eminem im a beast homey! 
Look at the word play I use in the chorus 
The verse way, over your head I confuse a thesaurus 
Im worth cake! Making moves in the torus 
You smoke weed? 
I got so many tree’s you’ll be abusing the forest 
We serve weight 
while executives in music ignore us 
In the first place 
Fuck! Fugitive warrants! 
Id rather have a lucrative future in touring 
On my first date stupid supporters 
Me my first date, my news to reporters 
Yo, ill call a press conference to say FUCK rap! 
Then go to the radio station and let the GUN clap! 
I spit like a hundred Kanye’s and 3000 Andre’s 
Still im stuck HERE! Where the thugs at! 
Magazine covers tell you were my buzz at 
Everything you do to get a big deal I done that! 

Verse 3 

Yo 
I give rap stars a blind folded cigarette 
They kick me of they videos sets 
Because im a bigger threat! (fuck em) 
Hate it or love it I thought nothing of it 
My nigga chuck tried to bring me to the mainstream public 
But its back on the block where the glocks be poppin 
Selling Orange county’s ya’ll call em oxy cottons 
Selling purple syrup and kush, while the cops be watching 
Hit the studio with guape we clocking off the boulevard 
I wanna live legal buts its so expensive being the leader of the underground! 
Shine when I come around! 
Standing in the VIP with Russell and Jay- Z in Vegas 
And didn’t do it from selling a CD! (no) 
Everywhere you rappers go, you gone see me!(yo) 
A hood star with or without the TV! 
Play me in your whip im so Ill you’ll get car sick! 
Now Id rather spill my pain over guitar licks! 
Flying a mosh pit, something like a star ship! 
Rap till your heart skip a beat, but on some dark shit! 
You AnR’s wanna trap me in this hood life 
Some say its my past affiliation with Suge Knight 
My mans Suge parted ways along time ago 
Didn’t think you labels would react so vagina though! 
I don’t know 
Maybe im a big flop, 
Maybe I should end this nightmare with a quick shot 
Maybe I should join Eazy-E, Pac! And Big Pop! 
Maybe I should say FUCK HIP-HOP! 

No comments:

Post a Comment